Chef de Partie
ACS Cobham is looking for a term time only Chef de Partie to join their team. This role will be responsible for assisting with the day to day running of the Catering operations at ACS Cobham International School. They will assist in the preparation of lunches and extra catering services. A focus is to be placed on creating fresh, nutritionally balanced food in a safe environment. Having a keen commercial awareness is a must, as there are strict budgetary targets to adhere to.
• Preparation of a wide variety of menu items producing 1500+ meals per day; catering for students aged from 3 to 18
• Responsible for menu preparation and being innovative with menu ideas and maintain the standards of nutritional excellence
• Assist in ensuring that the team are following procedures at all times
• Assist in ordering, stock control and cost control, ensuring the GP% target, agreed with the Head of Department, is either achieved or exceeded, whilst being mindful of the quality and provenance of ingredients
• Help the Catering Manager to drive sales and maximise student uptake through good planning and customer communication
• Assist the day to day monitoring and enforcement of our departmental HACCP policy
• Ensure that the maximum score is achieved in the Local Government Hygiene inspections
• Responsible for the day to day preparation of all food products; working directly with the catering team to ensure the operational standards are consistently high
• Proactive when required to liaise with internal and external clients regarding all aspects of special functions, cookery clubs, events and executive dining.
• Interact, lead and motivate other staff, especially catering General Assistants & KP’s, A good understanding of how to interact and get the best from others is essential to achieve this.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a chef in a similar high-volume institutional catering establishment
• Fine dining & event hospitality experience preferred
• NVQ Level 2 – or equivalent is essential, NVQ Level 3 – or equivalent must be achieved within 2nd year of appointment
• Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate essential
• Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate preferred
• Familiar with the principles of HACCP
This role will work Saturday to Wednesday, 45 hours per week, 42 weeks a year.
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.