Grade 1 Teacher
ACS International Schools are looking for a Grade 1 Teacher to join the team at ACS Hillingdon. This role will teach all subject areas across Grade 1 (equivalent to year 2 in the UK system) and may be required to teacher other years across the lower school.
Benefits of Teaching at ACS:
• Recognising that time is needed to plan, collaborate and provide meaningful feedback to students, teachers at ACS Hillingdon teach a maximum 21 hours per week.
• Our maximum class size is a manageable maximum of 22 with most classes being smaller than that.
• We are a well-resourced school, enabling us to provide our students and teachers with the resources they need to learn and achieve.
• We take the professional development of our staff seriously and provide ample opportunities and resourcing to support this.
• Working at ACS Hillingdon provides an excellent route into teaching internationally-recognised programmes such as the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
Qualifications and experience required:
• A relevant Bachelor’s degree from an internationally-recognised university/college.
• Teaching qualification (QTS or equivalent)
• Successful classroom teacher experience in the relevant age group
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
• Understanding of and commitment to the Mission, Values and aims of ACS International Schools
• Commitment to excellence in education
• Strong IT skills and a thoughtful understanding of the role of technology in supporting teaching and learning.
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Collaboration - evidence of sharing perspectives and working collaboratively in order to move towards a shared goal and create a positive environment.
• Nurturing Relationships - evidence of caring for others and making the effort to build effective working relationships with colleagues.
• A high degree of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
• Making things happen - the drive, motivation and commitment to make things happen, focusing on delivering outcomes and being proactive rather than reactive.
• A positive outlook, appreciation of diversity, enthusiasm for education and good understanding of the developmental stage of relevant age groups.
• Resilience - responding positively to pressure, remaining emotionally stable and positive when faced with challenges.
• Promoting positive change - demonstrating ambition to be better, embracing change and coming up with new ways of working for the good of the students and the school.
• Applying Learning - seeking opportunities to learn and develop and applying learning to new challenges. • Consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct.
Salary range is GBP 35,000 to GBP 43,000 per annum.
Start Date: 1st August 2020
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.