ACS International Schools are looking for Helpdesk Engineers to join their team. These roles will be based at either Cobham, Egham or Hillingdon with occasional travel between the three. This role is responsible for acting as the first point of contact for ACS International Schools staff and students to report issues and faults relating to End User Support Services. The primary objective of the role is to provide first time resolution which will be achieved by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving problems and/or escalating the fault to the Solution Engineer Team to investigate.
• Dealing with incoming faults in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email
• Taking ownership of faults and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
• Correctly logging incidents and faults, categorising and prioritising them in line with team procedures
• Conducting full and thorough diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution
• Ensuring all faults are progressed & cleared to resolution– escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
• Managing faults through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping ACS Staff and Students informed of progress
• Diagnosing and resolving problems to the customers satisfaction
• Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution
• Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks to the HelpDesk Engineer Team Lead Experience and Skills Required:
• Familiar with working on Mac, Windows, Apple iOS
• A keen interest in networking and printing technology
• Must be able to demonstrate a customer first approach to support and be able to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally
• Natural aptitude for trouble shooting & problem solving
• Solid experience in a helpdesk or technical support environment
• Highly organised and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
• Ability to work in an environment with students ranging in age from 2-18.
• Full Driving License
• Ability to work as part of a distributed team
• Willingness to work flexibly and at other locations as and when required
• Provide organisation-wide technical assistance for both academic and administrative technology needs.
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.