Middle School Science Teacher (0.5 FTE)
We are looking for an experienced Science Teacher to join the Middle School team at ACS Cobham International School on.a 0.5 basis. They will be responsible for teaching all areas of Science to NGSS standards to students in grades 5-8 with varying levels of skills and ability.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Educated to Bachelors degree or international equivalent as a minimum in the relevant subject
A teaching qualification (QTS or equivalent)
At least two years experience teaching Middle School Science to students in all grades from 5 to 8
Strong IT skills, preferably with Apple products
Significant experience and willingness to integrate technology to improve teaching and learning
Demonstrable positive and tolerant outlook, enthusiasm for teaching and good understanding of behaviours of the relevant age group
Fluent in both verbal and written English
Experience of teaching in an international school
* Collaboration - demonstrable evidence of sharing perspectives and working collaboratively in order to move towards a shared goal and create a positive environment.
* Nurturing Relationships - demonstrable evidence of caring for others and making the effort to build effective working relationships with colleagues.
* Clear communication both verbal and written.
* Decision Making-Focussing on defining solutions, using a rational approach to making decisions and being prepared to commit to a clear course of action.
* Making things happen-The drive, motivation and commitment to make things happen, focusing on delivering outcomes and being proactive rather than reactive.
* Demonstrable positive and tolerant outlook, enthusiasm for education and good understanding of behaviours of relevant age groups.
* Resilience-Responding positively to pressure, remaining emotionally stable and positive when faced with challenges.
* Promoting positive change-Demonstrating ambition to be better, embracing change and coming up with new ways of working for the good of the students and the school.
* Applying Learning-Seeking opportunities to learn and develop and applying learning to new challenges.
Salary range is GBP 35,000 to GBP 43,000 per annum
Role start date: ASAP
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.