ACS International Schools are looking for a PYP Coordinator to join the team at ACS Egham. The Lower School PYP Coordinator is a 0.5 timetabled role, responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation the PYP curriculum throughout all areas of the Lower School. They are also responsible for supporting with general administration of the Lower School with the Assistant Principal and Principal. The successful candidate will also take on a 0.5 teaching role.
- Develop a detailed understanding and implementation of PYP among the Lower School faculty
- Work with faculty and administration to establish the in-service and professional development training needs, to facilitate peer inquiry (observation) visits, team teaching and mentoring for the purpose of developing inquiry-based strategies.
- Coordinate progression of literacy and numeracy skills within and outside the program of inquiry.
- Monitor collaborative planning between the PYP teaching staff and monitor articulation between grade levels and subject teachers
- Prepare documentation relating to all aspects of the curriculum and lead staff development in readiness for any IB evaluation visits
- Circulate current relevant PYP information to faculty.
- Liaise with the MYP and DP Coordinators regarding the articulation of programmes and transition of children
- Participate in the development of an on-going PYP development plan for the future of the Lower School.
- Liaise with, and provide support for teachers and Lower School Principal in implementing non-instructional aspects of the PYP curriculum e.g. parent information sessions, student-led conferences, assemblies and in-house workshops.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Recent experience of curriculum leadership and prior experience in the role of PYP Coordinator preferred
- Qualified elementary and/or early childhood teacher
- Experience of teaching experience in a Lower School setting
- Extensive experience of the PYP
- Experience of supporting and engaging parents as partner’s in their children’s education
- Experience of providing teacher supervision and evaluation
- Experience of leading and evaluating whole school initiatives
- International school experience
- Able to promote the welfare of all children and positively promote diversity and inclusion
Start Date: 1st August 2021
Salary Details: £52,000 to £56,000
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check